Arun Valley Trek is one of the deepest valleys in the world. It is one of the least touristy trekking trails in Nepal located between Sagarmatha (Mt. Everest) and Makalu-Barun National Parks. This valley provides an alternative approach to the Khumbu region. It is also abundantly rich in natural vegetation and wildlife with more than 650 species of birds and over 800 species of butterflies, the shelter of the rare and endangered Panda can be found on this trekking trail. The eastern part of Kanchenchunga base Camp trek with more interest tropical Rai, Sherpa, Tamang, and Chhetri villages.
The Arun Valley has the close by views of the Himalayas like Everest, Makalu, Baruntse, Lhotse, Nuptse, Amadablam, Thamserku, and others. The other highlights of this trekking are Barun La Pass having the close views of Mt. Makalu, Salpa Bhanjyang, and Salpa Pokhari which are holy places for locales and other religions. The Arun Valley Trek begins from Tumlingtar village of Sankhuwasava district and finishes at Lukla Village of Solukhumbu District. The trekking nature is full boarded camping trekking as there are no tea houses, hotels, and lodges in the trekking trail.
Arun Valley Trek offers a number of popular places in this region, such as Serpent Col, West Col, Barun La, and so on. We also climb up the Arun River to Sedua and Num, then cross Barun-La at 4,110m for a magnificent view of Mt. Makalu. If you wish, we can travel a bit further to visit the holy Lake Salpa at 3,414 m. Beginning with a flight to Tumlingtar, the week is spent trekking through unexplored lands into the Solukhumbu district before a climb up on the principle Everest trail to Kalapatthar. From here you get to see Mount Everest, Mt. Nuptse, and Mt. Lhotse up close. Before you complete the trek, you travel to Lukla and fly back to Kathmandu. The ethnic Sherpa, Rai, and Limbus mostly inhabit this area. Strolling through beautiful Sherpa towns is one of the better portions of trekking in Arun Valley. The trek requires a certain level of stamina and fitness to completely value the excellence of the region. This trekking is doable in any season, we recommend spring as a good time to visit Arun Valley.
- Day 01: Arrival in Katmandu and Transfer to Hotel
- Day 02: Kathmandu to Tumlingtar (518m)
- Day 03: Trek to Marduna (1200m,) 6 hours
- Day 04: Trek to Dobani (975m) 5 hours
- Day 05: Trek to Salpa Phedi (1700m) 4 hours
- Day 06: Trek to Guranse (2920m) 5 hours
- Day 07: Trek to Sanam (2650m) 5 hours
- Day 08: Trek to Bung (1700m) 5 hours
- Day 09: Trek to Boskam Gompa (4 hours)
- Day 10: Trek to Vasme (about 6 hours)
- Day 11: Trek to Pangum (3140m) 5 hour
- Day 12: Trek to Painya (2800m.) 5/6 hours
- Day 13: Trek to Lukla (2850m,) 4/5 hours
- Day 14: Fly to Kathmandu (30 Minute) Explore and shopping
- Day 15: Final International Departure