Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek
Dhaulagiri is one of the most popular 8000m Peaks for climbing in the Himalayas. The seventh highest mountain in the world, Dhaulagiri lies north – west of Pokhara culminating to its highest point at the eastern end. Dhaulagiri is almost unique in the world in terms of its rise above local terrain where it rises to 7000m over the Kali Gandaki gorge to the south east in about 30 km of aerial distance. In fact, Kali Gandaki is dramatic as two eight thousenders, Annapurna I & Dhaulagiri both stand near the river facing each other over a deep valley.
Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek around Dhaulagiri (8,167 meters), the 7th highest peak in the world, sited in the western part of Nepal is considered as a challenging and most rewarding trek around the inspiring Dhaulagiri massif. This isolated trekking offers amazing natural scenery, evergreen forest blossoming with rhododendron combined with native warm hearted people and their heady mixture of unique culture.
Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek means an Exploration of the wild nature. Currently reopened this exhilarating region shows its long kept secrets, like the Gandaki Gorge which is the world’s deepest gorge. Dhaulagiri means White Mountain along many mountains around the world have names that translate to White Mountain. This is one of the amazing, but it is quite difficult for the trekking adventure because of its circuit. Himalayan Magic Treks staffs has better experienced because we already had done this trip many more times successfully.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1300meters).
- Day 02: Kathmandu Valley sightseeing and trek preparation (1,300m/4,264 ft)
- Day 03: Drive to Beni (850m) by bus 8 hrs walk
- Day 04: Trek to Babiachor (950m) 5 hrs walk
- Day 05: Trek to Dharapani (1,400m) 6 hrs walk
- Day 06: Trek to Muri (1,850m) 5 hrs walk
- Day 07: Trek to Boghara (2,080m) 6 hrs walk
- Day 08: Trek to Dobang (2,520m) 5 hrs
- Day 09: Trek to Choriban Khola (3,110m) 5 hrs
- Day 10: Trek to the Italian Base Camp (3,660m) 7 hrs
- Day 11: Acclimatization day
- Day 12: Trek to the Glacier Camp (4,210m) 6 hrs
- Day 13: Trek to the Dhaulagiri Base Camp (4,740m) 7 hrs
- Day 14: Acclimatization day
- Day 15: Cross the French Pass (5,360m), then trek to the Hidden Valley (5,200m) 6 hrs
- Day 16: Cross Dhampus Pass (5,200m), and trek to Yak Kharka (3,680m) 6 hrs
- Day 17: Trek to Jomsom (2,710m) 5 hrs
- Day 18: Morning flight to Pokhara – 30 mins.
- Day 19: Leisure day and sightseeing around Pokhara
- Day 20: Drive to Kathmandu (1,345m)
- Day 21: Departure day