The Tsum Valley Trek is a sacred Himalayan pilgrimage valley situated in northern Gorkha district of Nepal. Tsum comes from the Tibetan word “Tsombo” which means vivid. The trail heads up the valley of the Budi Gandaki River through wild and unexplored country inhabited mainly by members of the Gurung ethnic groups. Good cup of the local cultivated natural coffee and Tatopani hot springs will help you to relax on this intensive trial.
Tsum Valley Trek is a recently opened trail, comparison to the other popular regions; this region is relatively virgin with less beaten paths. Though the region has a difficult terrain, rough steep tracks, and very simple accommodation, since, last few years this region is gaining huge popularity and offering the finest trekking experience in Nepalese Himalayan. During our journey, everything we encounter on our trail gives a likeness of Tibetan Buddhist culture. Coinciding your visit with local festivals of Dhacyhang, Lhosar, and Sawa Dawa will be the perfect moment to get a minute observation of the unique local culture and tradition. The delightful journey will take you into the majestic surroundings of the Kang Guru, Cheo Himal, Ganesh Himal, Boudha Himal, Sringi Himal, and Hiunchuli. From the forests, teeming with life, at the beginning of the trail, to the barren, rocky highlands above the clouds, you will constantly be amazed. Your biggest worry will only be ‘where is the next best view?
The trek start and end point is Arughat, a seven hours drive from Kathmandu. The first half of the trek ascends the Budhi Gandaki Valley on good paths through a mix of dense forest, terraced fields and hill villages. As we leave the main Manaslu Trail for the Tsum valley, suddenly we get a feeling of entering truly into the hidden valley. While on the trek, we also pass through the alpine forests, glacial rivers, and enjoy the warm hospitality of ethnic people. Pass the lower Buri Gandaki regions of Liding, Machhakhola, Jagat and Philim. We also visit the ancient Gombas of the region such as: Rachen Gompa,Mu Gompa, Dephyudonma Gompa.
- Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu & Transfer to Hotel (1,300m/4,264ft)
- Day 02: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation
- Day 03: Drive Kathmandu to Arughat (600m/1,968ft) 7-8 hours drive
- Day 04: Arughat to Soti Khola (700m/2,296ft): 5-6 hours
- Day 05: Soti Khola to Maccha Khola (870m/2,952ft): 6-7 hours
- Day 06: Maccha Khola to Jagat (2340m/7676ft): 6-7 hours
- Day 07: Jagat to Chisopani (1660m/5,445ft): 4-5 hours
- Day 08: Chisopani to Chumling (2,386m/7,827ft): 6 – 7 hours
- Day 09: Chumling to Chokhangparo (3,010m/9,903ft): 4-5 hours
- Day 10: Chokhangparo to Nile (3,361m/11,058ft): 5-6 hours
- Day 11: Nile to Mu Gompa (3,700m/12,174ft): 3 hours
- Day 12: Mu Gompa, sightseeing
- Day 13: Mu Gompa to Burgi Village (3,245m/10644ft) via Milarepa cave: 5 hours
- Day 14: Burgi village -Chumling (2,386/7,827ft): 5-6 hours
- Day 15: Chumling to Philim (1,570m/5,103ft): 6-7 hours
- Day 16: Philim to Khorlabesi(970m/3182ft: 6-7 hours
- Day 17: Khorlabesi to Soti Khola (700m/2,296ft): 6-7 hours
- Day 18: Soti Khola to Arughat to Kathmandu (1300m/1,968ft): Walk 4 hours and drive 7-8 hours
- Day 19: Farewell Friends